Join Our Team
Carstensen Contracting, Inc.
The pride of our company is our people. Their skills and dedication to safety, integrity, and quality have resulted in our success. Each day they promote our culture, collaborate with our customers, and strive to make a positive impact in the communities in which we live, work and play. They set the standard high. We take care in how we attract and find new employees because we know people are our greatest asset.
At CCI, you will find challenging projects and smart people who provide a new level of thinking. Which is why, when it comes to our employees, we are committed to providing benefit packages designed with their health, wealth and family in mind; career development opportunities that include professional programs as well as continuing education; and an environment designed to foster collaboration, innovation, health, and happiness.
Find Your Next Career
This is an exciting time at Carstensen Contracting. We are expanding and looking for talented and motivated individuals. Please take a look at all opportunities we have available.
We are seeking a dedicated Mechanic with extensive experience troubleshooting and repairing all types of heavy equipment including fleet vehicles.
The Mechanic will be expected to perform preventative, predictive, and scheduled maintenance. Other responsibilities will include servicing and performing adjustments and repairs on trucks and heavy construction equipment in the field. Complete thorough documentation on all reports and forms required with work assignments. Communicate machinery problems and resolutions to supervisor and on the job Project Manager.
- 5 Years’ experience with a focus on diesel engines and heavy equipment used in construction.
- Working knowledge of all transmission types, breaking systems, hydraulics, and vehicle suspensions.
- Ability to assemble and perform maintenance functions on equipment.
- Perform diagnosis, repair, and recondition machine systems and components.
- Diagnostics and repair of heavy-duty equipment.
- Compile detailed work orders upon completion of repair.
- Must be willing to travel.
Must have a clean driving record and valid CDL License
- Serve as the go-to person for clerical project needs.
- Assist the Project Manager(s) with new Project Startup – researching costs, scope of work, data entry of job info, budgets, purchase orders, production reports, etc.
- Coordinate, process, track, organize, and file routine project management-related forms and documents, including, but not limited to:
- Contracts, Subcontracts, Purchase Orders, Permits, etc.
- Meeting minutes.
- Construction Permits, as needed.
- Project schedule update
- Assist in obtaining and tracking all necessary permits/licenses required for project (State, County, City, DOT, SWPPP, SPCC, etc.).
- Prepares purchase requisitions (Purchase Orders) for approval and assists with procurement of materials, equipment and job amenities.
- Accurately collect and organize project closeout information such as punch list follow up, project close out record keeping, and warranty processing.
- Assist with the evaluation of projects for constructibility and value-engineer cost savings.
- High level of motivation – a go-getter willing to go the extra mile
- Excellent organization and written/verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well with others in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to deliver quality work that meets requirements and deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, and Excel)
- Posse a team first, positive attitude
- 3-5 years project coordination or a high-level administrative experience in a Construction environment.
The Best Support
The cornerstone of our success is our talented and skilled employees. At CCI, we value our employees as much as our customers and are dedicated to providing them with the best support. To that end, we offer a comprehensive benefits package for our full-time employees (exempt and non-exempt).
- 401K Plan with company match plus additional profit-sharing contribution
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off – position specific
- Exclusive Verizon Discount for Employee Personal plans
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Job Travel – Lodging costs are covered by the company
Grow Your Skills
We are proud of our people. Their knowledge and skills, along with their passion for excellence, are why we have a reputation for providing a new level of thinking. To that end, we are committed to providing opportunities for continued learning and professional development to our employees.
Carstensen offers a broad selection of courses, resources, and programs that employees can use to manage their career growth, including:
- New employee orientation
- Diverse, challenging and meaningful work with opportunities for advancement
- On and off-site safety training
- Management training
- Professional development courses and seminars
- Online computer training
- Tuition reimbursement programs