Duties and responsibilities:
- Perform preventive maintenance on equipment as schedule dictates.
- Perform work orders as requested.
- Repair large heavy equipment (excavators, loaders, dozers, etc.).
- Take pro-active steps with preventive maintenance or repair when troubleshooting.
- Other responsibilities will include servicing and performing adjustments and repairs on trucks and other heavy construction equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have a strong heavy equipment mechanical background. 3 years’ experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of all transmission types, breaking systems, and vehicle suspensions.
- Ability to assemble and perform maintenance functions on equipment.
- Perform diagnosis, repair, and recondition machine systems and components.
- Compile detailed work orders upon completion of repair.
- Ability to multi-task and follow procedures.
- Ability to maneuver around and crawl under equipment in order to conduct repairs, work in hot and cold work environments.
- Must be willing to travel.
- Current and valid driver’s license. CDL preferred.
- Must be able to pass an MVR.